With Dr. Nina Fenn
There are glossy websites and booklets about how to complete your doctoral degree or advance your postdoc career in Germany (even a few in English); some of them are actually quite good. But very often a lot of necessary implicit knowledge is missing: knowledge which is known to most professional actors and stakeholders, but not spelled out (sometimes due to a lack of political correctness) and thus remains unknown to outsiders, including incoming or visiting doctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
This event will try to close this information gap:
- What are the preconditions for a successful PhD project in Germany?
- What are the options for financing a PhD project in Germany?
- How does a PhD project work in the various disciplines?
- What are the possibilities for employment within the university system and outside of it in Germany?
- How can one make a success of an academic career beyond the doctorate in Germany?
- What in the German system is different from other academic systems, what is similar?
There will be a short presentation of essential points followed by a discussion of participants’ questions.
Organized by the House of Young Talents with 7 places reserved for CRC members till 2 weeks before the workshop
Intended group: all docs & postdocs of the SFB 1187
The Workshop will take place online and is held in English.
Please sign up here