Research Tech Lab – Session 4: „Behind the scenes of ethnographic analysis“
Research Tech lab SoSe 2019 The Research Tech Lab, coordinated by sub-projects INF and A05, is an open forum for exchange for all members of the SFB 1187. In the Research Tech Lab, we explore and discuss, and design digital research approaches, tools, and instruments. The basic assumption of the Research Tech Lab is that IT design takes place in everyday use and involves the continuous appropriation of (digital) methods, tools, instruments, and infrastructures. In the Summer Semester 2019, the Research Tech Lab will continue to work in close connection with Locating Media graduate school. We will present the tools and methods catalog that built in the social platform “Research Hub” and based on the input provided in the Techlab Winter Semester 2018/19. We will continue to expand the catalog with the participants’ contributions during the SoSe 2019. The catalog is intended as an “active inventory”, a place in which issues with tools and methods can be collected and discussed, an organizational memory fruitful for future students and academics.
Session 4 - “Behind the scenes of ethnography and ethnographic analysis”
- Helena Karasti will be our invited speaker
- Helena will provide two main input:
- Behind the scenes of ethnography (15 min):
- Ethnographic analysis (15 min)
- After each input, we will have a 30 min of plenary discussion
- We invite all of you who are working with ethnographic methods to join, share and learn together!
Date: Wednesday, 15th May
Room: AH-A 228