Hind, Sam, Dr.A03 Researcher
Telefon: +49 (0)271 740 3867
- Research Associate, Locating Media, University of Siegen
- Research Assistant, Playfields
- Teaching Fellow, Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM), University of Warwick
- PhD Interdisciplinary Studies, CIM, University of Warwick
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, CIM, University of Warwick
- Geographical Information Science, School of Environment and Development (SED), University of Manchester
- Geography, SED, University of Manchester
- Digital navigation
- Autonomous vehicles
- Playful methodologies
- Protest events
- Spationomy colloquium; Ruhr-University Bochum (invited)
- Inventive Method lecture series; University of Siegen (invited)
- Mobile Utopia conference; Lancaster University, UK
- RGS-IBG conference; London, UK (I)
- RGS-IBG conference; London, UK (II)
- Building for Impact workshop; University of Warwick, UK (invited)
- Playful Field Encounters conference; University of Manchester, UK (I)
- Playfield Field Encounters conference; University of Manchester, UK (II)
- Nordic Geographers Meeting (NGM) conference; Stockholm University, Sweden
- Media & Place-making workshop; Coventry University, UK (invited)
- Playfields workshop; Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland (invited)
- Information Security lecture series; Royal Holloway University of London, UK (invited)
- Digital Activism seminar; University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands (invited)
- Digital Power, Decolonising Life session; RGS-IBG, London, UK (co-organizer)
- Playful Field Encounters conference; University of Manchester, UK (co-organizer)
- Cyber-Security and Risk summer school; Royal Holloway University of London, UK (invited)
- Media’s Mapping Impulse conference; University of Mainz
- Living with Algorithms workshop; Royal Holloway University of London, UK (invited)
- RGS-IBG Postgraduate Forum conference; Newcastle University, UK
- LivingMaps lecture; Birkbeck University of London, UK (invited)
- DiGRA conference; Abertay University, Dundee, UK
- Charting the Digital: Play, Discourse, Disruption conference; University of Warwick in Venice, Italy (co-organizer)
- International Small Island Cultures (ISIC) conference; University of Malta, Malta
- Association of American Geographers’ (AAG) conference; Chicago, USA
- Politics of Failure I and II sessions; AAG, Chicago, USA (co-organizer)
- Crossroads in Cultural Studies conference; University of Tampere, Finland
- Identity and Interdisciplinarity in Games and Play summer school; Utrecht University, the Netherlands
- Mobile Media: Making, Cooperation, Work conference; University of Siegen
- Brains, Maps and Rhythms conference; University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Time Travellers conference; University of Oxford, UK (co-organizer)
- International Cartography Conference (ICC); Dresden
- Thinking and Doing Digital Mapping conference; University of Warwick, UK (co-organizer)
- The Citizen Scientist on the Move conference; Utrecht University, the Netherlands
- Go Go Gozo (IM917), CIM, University of Warwick (Teaching Fellow)
- Digital Sociology (IM920), CIM, University of Warwick (TF)
- Urban Science (IM913), CIM, University of Warwick (TF)
- Digital Objects, Digital Methods (IM904), CIM, University of Warwick (TF)
- Go Go Gozo (IM917), CIM, University of Warwick (Graduate Teaching Assistant)
- Islands: Paradise or Prison, SED, University of Manchester (Fieldcourse Teaching Assistant)
- Hind S. and Gekker A. (forthcoming 2018). On Autopilot: Towards a Flat Ontology of Vehicular Navigation. Media’s Mapping Impulse (eds. Chris Lukinbeal and Laura Sharp).
- Panek, J., Gekker, A., Hind, S., Wendler, J., Perkins, C. and Lammes, S. (2017). Encountering Place: Mapping and Location-Based Games in Interdisciplinary Education. The Cartographic Journal. 0 (0): 1-12.
- Hind, S. (2017). Cartographic Care, or, Caretographies. Living Maps Review. 3: 1-14.
- Hind, S. (2016). Territorial Determinism: Police Exercises, Training Spaces and Manoeuvres. In Playful Mapping in the Digital Age (eds. Playful Mapping Collective). Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures, 94-113.
- Hind, S. (2015). Maps, Kettles and Inflatable Cobblestones: The Art of Playful Disruption in the City. Media Fields. 9: n.p..
- Hind, S. and Lammes, S. (2015). Digital Mapping as Double-Tap: Cartographic Modes, Calculations and Failures. Global Discourse. 6 (1-2): 79-97.
- Hind, S. and Gekker, A. (2014). ‚Outsmarting Traffic, Together‘: Driving as Social Navigation. Exchanges: the Warwick Research Journal. 1 (2): 1-17.
- Perkins, C., Lammes, S., Gekker, A., Hind, S., Wilmott, C. and Evans, D. (eds.) (forthcoming 2018). Time for Mapping: Cartographic Temporalities. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Playful Mapping Collective (2017). A Manifesto for Playful Methods. Self-published.
- Playful Mapping Collective (2016). Playful Mapping in the Digital Age. Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures.
- Hind, S. (2016). Driving the Future. Wealth Press: Work and Time Issue.
- Hind, S. (2015). Election Reaction: A Left Turn for Labour Now is a Fantasy. Novara Wire.
- Hind, S. (2015). ‚Print this Map. Get off the Internet. Take to the Streets‘: 5 of the Left’s Best Mapping Moments. Novara Wire.
- Hind, S. (2014). #FuckUber: 8 Reasons Why Uber is Bad for All of Us. Novara Wire.
- Hind, S. (2013). Mobile Interface Theory. Cartographica. 48 (3): 253-254.
- Hind, S. (2015). Sounds from the Other City: Anechoic Chamber. The Modernist: Experiment Issue.