Boersma, AsherA04 Researcher
- 2015-2019: Member of SFB Graduiertenkolleg Locating Media, University of Siegen
- 2014-2015: Researcher at Utrecht Data School, Utrecht University
- 2013-2015: Lecturer New Media and Digital Culture, Utrecht University
- 2012: Research Master in Media and Performance Studies, Utrecht University (one semester at National University of Singapore), Cum Laude
- 2008: Master Film and Television Studies, Utrecht University, Cum Laude
Media scholar working at the intersection of workplace studies, STS, and historiography, specialised in:
- media archaeological history of control
- mobile ethnography of infrastructure
- historical anthropology of skill and media
- sociology of amphibious work
- 2018 ‘Mediatisation of Work: A History of Control Room Practice’, in Zeitschrift für Kulturwissenschaften 2: 113-132.
- 2017 ‘Unknowing Algorithms: On Transparency of Unopenable Black Boxes’, in The Datafied Society: Studying Culture through Data, eds. Mirko Tobias Schäfer and Karin van Es, Amsterdam: Amsterdam U.P. First author: Johannes Paßmann
- 2016 ‘Schizophrenia under the Straits of Dover.’ in British Politics Review 11.4: 12-13.
- 2014 ‘Hijgen spreekt boekdelen.’ [essay on dominance of affect online] in Rekto:verso ‘#TheFamily Ties: Performing the Network and Sexuality on Twitter.’ Co-authors: Liliana Bounegru, Maya Livio, Lucy Chinen, and Natalia Sanchez Querubin, Digital Methods Wiki, University of Amsterdam
- 2012 ‘Pornografie als folklore.’ [essay on folk culture and sexuality] in Tirade
- 2010 ‘De ontsnappingskunstenaar.’ [essay on ideology of cosmopolitanism] in De Filmkrant
- 2006 ‘A flow odyssey: De transformaties van televisie’ in BLIK 0.1: 14-23.