The workshop addresses German and international publication strategies of different disciplines and the review of ‘in progress’ texts by peers. We will focus specifically on the various publication options for the doctoral thesis. In addition, the workshop will deal with alternative publication formats such as blogs and the challenges of interdisciplinary publications which are common in the context of collaborative research centers. Accordingly, the workshop addresses the following topics:
- Publishing in a team (e.g. with PI and possibly other colleagues of the subproject) or in single authorship
- planning a strategy (implementation) individually or in a team (e.g. subproject)
- Publication strategy and career planning: how to occupy research area(s)
- German and/or English?
- Monograph(s) and contributions to/editing of edited volumes
- Journals (incl. thematic issues/guest editorships) and peer review as quality measures and visibility instruments
- Visibility metrics (citation frequency, impact factors, rankings, indexing, other reputation criteria)
- Open Access (at the University of Siegen) and Predatory Journals
- Working papers as a form of pre-publication
- Reverse engineering to improve opportunities for prestigious journals for maximum visibility
Following the workshop, individual consultations on publication strategies can be arranged.
Organized by the House of Young Talents exclusively for MGK members
The Workshop will take place online and is held in English.
We kindly ask for registration by 11 November 2022 here.